Tuesday 3 May 2016

The Hamilton Book Tag

I, along with thousands of others, am currently obsessed with Hamilton. And guess what? There's a book tag for it! What more could you ask?
If you don't know, Hamilton is a Hip Hop/rap musical about Alexander Hamilton. It's is currently super popular and has an absolutely amazing soundtrack. You think history is boring? Think again.
I've wanted to do this tag for so long, and here it finally is! I'm not sure why I hadn't done it up to this point. Anyways, I'm so excited!!! Let's do this!

1. The Room Where It Happens
A book world you'd put yourself into

This one is a total no-brainer. Harry Potter!! I'd get to be a witch and use magic and go to Hogwarts and have witch and wizard friends!!! Not to mention the amazing adventures we'd go on together! I'd love to have a wand pick me and get a magical pet. I'd probably pick a cat! I'd also love to play Quidditch! I really don't like sports, but if I can FLY in the process of it, I would totally love it! I'd never get bored at Hogwarts. Okay, moving on!


2. The Schuyler Sisters
An underrated female character

Who to pick? There are so many underrated female characters. I'll have to go with the obvious answer of Hermione. Without her, Harry and Ron would not have survived the book series. Also, she doesn't settle for anyone who doesn't fully respect her (hence the many times she gets angry at Ron.) She's a very cool, kick-butt character without losing her femininity.


3. My Shot
A character who goes after what they want and don't let anything stop them

I love this song! It's one of my favourites on the soundtrack. (I just love them all!!!!) For this one, I think I'll go with Kaz Brekker (and his epic crew) from Six Of Crows. They worked so hard for that heist. Honourable mentions go to Katniss from the Hunger Games trilogy, America Singer from the Selection series, and Adelina Amouteru from The Young Elites.
 
 
4. Stay Alive
A character you wish was still alive
 
Hum, hum, hum, who to pick?? I could go for one of the many dead parents. Literally all book parents ever are dead. Divergent, The Young Elites, The 5th Wave, Atlantia, etc. I honestly can't name them all. But I'm going to go with

5. Burn
The most heartbreaking end to a relationship you've ever read

Hmm... I guess FourTris had a pretty sad ending. I don't really wanna go with I'll Give You The Sun again (there were so many painfully heartbreaking relationships in it) (and you should definitely read it) so I'm going to pick Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, which I also think fits perfectly for this. That one specific relationship, *cough, cough* was just too good to be true, I guess. No spoilers. :P


6. You'll Be Back
The sassiest villain

Draco Malfoy maybe? He's pretty darn sassy. but not much of a villain. I'm going through all villains I know mentally. What's-his-name (Torren?) from The Young Elites is quite sassy, I guess, perhaps. Not really though. I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Really sorry!


7. The Reynolds Pamphlet
A book with a twist you didn't see coming
 
I'm not going to spoil any twists. If someone tells you a book has a twist, you'll spend the whole time waiting for the twist and it won't surprise you. If you have no idea what's coming and then read the part with the twist, you're in total shock and so confused and fascinated and re-evaluating your entire reading experience. You aren't getting any twist spoilers out of me, although there are lots of good ones.


8. Non-Stop
 A book series you marathoned
 
The Matched trilogy by Ally Condie! I read this series in about 4 or 5 days last summer. I'm not a very fast reader, but I literally breezed through this series. I really enjoyed it! It's one of my favourites. ALSO, the Last Dragon Chronicles. I was hooked! That was many years ago though.


9. Satisfied
Favourite book with multiple POV's

Perhaps I'll Give You The Sun? I really need to pick different books. I'm currently mostly just looking at the small amount of books on my bookshelf. Eek... I know! Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo! But I also really liked Reached in the Matched trilogy.


10. Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
A book you think will be remember throughout history

Absolutely the Harry Potter series. Perhaps also The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Divergent by Veronica Roth. Those are just very popular books I think will be talked about for years and years to come.


11. Helpless
A relationship you were pulling for from the very start
 
I want to pick I'll Give You The Sun again. It was just soooo darn amazingly perfect and I needed it to happen! I've already used The Selection too, in which I would have picked Aspen. And of course Six Of Crows with basically everyone you could possible ship. I can't think of a book I haven't mentioned where I actually wanted a relationship to happen, so I'll just have to leave it at that.


12. Ten Duel Commandments
Favourite fight scene
 
I've read tons of books with fight scenes but can't recall any specific ones I enjoyed except the last battle in Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.


13. Say No To This
Guilty pleasure read
 
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens, Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon, etc. Basically any decent contemporary romance.


14. What Comes Next
A series you wish had more books
 
I'm not sure. All books I wish had a continuation aren't yet part of a series. :(
 
 
15. Right Hand Man
Your favourite brOTP
 
Celeste/Marlee and America from The Selection. I'm so sorry for repeating myself with the book again! :(((


16. What'd I Miss
A book series you were late to reading
 
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! I read it a few months ago. I actually listened to an audiobook, which was pretty cool!


I hope you enjoyed this tag! Thank you for bearing with me through the repetition. What's your favourite Hamilton song at the moment? I'm currently obsessed with Dear Theodosia! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just tagged you for the TBR book tag, so do it if you haven't already! @ inkaffairs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete