Tuesday 15 March 2016

The Candy Book Tag!!

Greetings fellow earthlings!! It's Pegasus! Today, I'm doing a tag! Yay! This tag is called The Candy Book Tag. You can never go wrong with candy! At least I would hope so. I wasn't tagged on this one, but I'll consider myself tagged anyways!


1. Apples: Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful, and probably won a lot of awards but, um, it really isn’t your thing.

The Martian by Andy Weir. It was an amazing movie, but when I picked up the book, I found it was very very scientific, which I found very cool as I do enjoy science, but it was a much higher level than the science I know now. Due to this, I found that after awhile, I had put it down and hadn't picked it back up. I know, I know!!!! 😩 Usually I read the book before watching the movie and because I saw the movie first this could've affected it, but I kind of doubt it. I'm hoping I'll start it again later this year. 😄

 
2. Milk chocolate (or should I say dark chocolate?): this is a book you’d recommend to absolutely EVERYONE.

This is going to be hard. There are so many books that I have to recommend!! To make this easier, I'll go with a book that I have recommended the most. This is still hard. I've narrowed it down to I'll Give You The Sun, The Cuckoos Calling, The Hunger Games, and The Lunar Chronicles (a series, but still!) I'm going to go with Cinder, since I really enjoyed the Lunar Chronicles Series, and Cinder is the first book of the series. Soooooooo good!

I LOVE dark chocolate, if you were wondering.


3. Black jellybeans: why do these exist??

It's hard, but I'm going to have to go with Allegiant. I LOVED the Divergent series, but this book made me feel torn. I cried. SPOILER ALERT. SKIP QUESTION IF YOU DO NOT WANT THIS BOOK TO BE SPOILED. It is decided by the author, that she should go and kill Tris, well, not her physically, as the author is not actually in the book, but you know what I mean. This just made me heartbroken. I was really attached to this series! I still am. Anyways, if I hadn't read this book, it would have been as though Tris never died. If this book DID NOT exist, Tris would have never died such an awful death so young.


4. Chocolate kisses: awww this novel had the best romance.

I'm not huge into romance novels so I'm going to have to think about this one for awhile.
Paper Towns? I mean, this one was pretty romantic, in a way. Quentin goes to so much trouble to find Margo, who he is in love with and who has run away to another city. Once he finds her, SPOILER ALERT, she tells him she didn't want to be found and that she is trying to find herself. He then has to let go. In the end, he was in love with a girl who he really didn't now. Pretty romantic? Not the end, but the whole part about him searching for her, skipping school, driving miles to find her; how is that not romantic???


5. Gummy Spiders: Eek! You made sure to check under your bed every night for a week after reading this book!

There's been quite a few of these, but come to think of it, I can't recall which ones. The Young Elites wasn't scary, but after reading it at late hours, I would sometimes imagine scary black demons rising from the carpet, which kinda creeped me out. But to be honest, it wasn't really all that bad. I'm hoping I'll think of one soon and then add it later when I remember.
Ooooh! I remember one! But it was from a really really really really really really really really really long time ago. When I was in Grade 2 or 3, I started reading Harry Potter. I was terrified by the whole two faced person thing, especially since one of the faces was Voldemort. How mortifying! I was so worried Voldemort would come and attack me. Yikes.

 
6. Jumbo Lollipop: This took you forever to get through, but hey! You did it!

The Cuckoos Calling by Robert Galbraith aka J.K. Rowling. This was such a long book but so intriguing!! I picked it up and could not stop!! I read it during my trip to Cuba. I'm a pretty fast reader, but I'd have to say that this one took me longer than usual. However, it was a really nice change and a very memorable book.


7. Cotton Candy: Admit it, you loved this when you were younger (you probably still do). Think children’s or MG fiction.

For this one, I have to say The Tale of Despereaux. I'm pretty sure I read this one in Grade 3 or 4 and I feel as though I could still read it a thousand times. This book is such a classic and so cute. One of my favourites. Just thinking about it, I'm going to have to read it again. I haven't read it since Grade 4. Maybe I'll get it with my Chapters Gift Card. 😊


Thanks for stopping by! Have an awesome day!


~ Pegasus

No comments:

Post a Comment